The world of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software can be overwhelming. As a prospective buyer, the options in front of you are numerous. From deployment model to applications offered, each ERP system has its pros and cons.
To simplify the purchasing process for the 66% of buyers who are purchasing a system for the first time, Software Advice, which helps buyers select ERP software, put together a new e-book to guide you through ERP software selection.
Software Advice regularly interacts with ERP system buyers, which helps them understand the needs and pain points of buyers. Their research found today’s buyers struggle with:
- Managing data across disparate systems (59 percent)
- A customer relationship management system that is inadequate or difficult to integrate (47 percent)
- Keeping their technology up to date as the company grows (27 percent)
Prospective ERP Software Buyers’ Current Methods
According to Software Advice, ERP buyers have more options than ever when it comes to selecting a new system. The bad news is that having so many choices can make the decision seem daunting. This e-book was written to help assuage your fears by acting as a helpful step-by-step guide.
I recommend reading the whole piece, but if you don’t have time, here is an overview of a few of the steps that Software Advice recommends you take to ensure you purchase the best system for your business:
- Assess your business needs and form a selection committee – “Admit you have a problem: it’s time to make the plunge with a new ERP system to rein in your business’s inefficiencies. Be sure to include mission-critical employees in the decision, or implementation/adoption will be a nightmare.”
- Outline your key requirements – “Identify the functional areas you want your ERP system to cover, which will reduce the number of vendors on your list.”
- Get references from vendors – “Don’t just look for the glowing reviews or highly critical reviews of your potential vendor. As you’d find on Yelp or Amazon, it’s the reviews between two and four stars that usually provide the most honest, actionable information”
This piece includes quotes from Forrest Burnson, the ERP Market Research Associate at Software Advice. His research has been cited by notable organizations and publications like Small Business Computing, The Institute for Supply Management, Supply Chain Digital, Auburn University and Michigan Live.
To download the e-book, click here.
By ERP Software Blog Editors, www.erpsoftwareblog.com
The post What Are The Key Criteria For ERP Software Selection? appeared first on ERP Software Blog.