ERP Software Advantages- An Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP Software system virtually assists any type of industry because efficiency, workflow speed and overall productivity are important in every company, no matter what their line of business is. The healthcare sector is no exception, and ERP software in healthcare grows rapidly today.
This software helps reduce labor and inventory costs, have better communication and information flow, and improve efficiency in the hospital and in an organization’s operations.
What is ERP?
It’s a software technology that has a series of modules which links information from various sources into just one program. It facilitates communication between departments in an organization or a company to increase productivity and efficiency, by enabling employees to work better. This software also assists professionals in the healthcare industry make their medical practices more effective, take care of their patients better, and make their lives easier.
Here are some of the modules that can be included in the ERP system:
- Patient billing system to provide bills of patients and manage expenses
- Online information program that offers the possibility to meet global patients and give easier access to patient information
- Front-desk management program
- An equipment maintenance system for the instruments used in the healthcare setting that reports its condition and provides warranty information if a problem occurs
- Appointment scheduling system helpful for the date, time, and schedule of patients’ treatments and laboratory tests
- Doctor and patient workbench to facilitate communication and treatment advice
- Synchronized reporting and automation system
- Patient database for information storage
Benefits of ERP
In the past, patient and company information was written down and stored in filing cabinets. But today, where technology’s pace is so fast, data can be stored electronically, which proffers a big advantage to the healthcare sector because document retrieval becomes easier and more convenient.
Other than convenience, here are more ERP advantages that can benefit the healthcare and related industries:
1. Patient safety
The safety of patients is very important, and healthcare providers should enhance their protocols about safety. ERP can assist in this aspect by making the communication more transparent between patients and clinicians.
2. Cost reduction
This software also helps the management reduce the hospital’s operational costs. The management can reduce the incurred costs caused by inventory and administrative errors since ERP can monitor finances and inventory levels precisely. As a part of information technology automation software, processes will become more efficient. The software also optimizes different operations at the back-end, such as accounts, payroll, and inventory management.
3. Improve patient care
Any healthcare industry has only one goal, and it is to provide the best patient care possible. ERP gives access to crucial reports and databases to patients and helps them make prompt decisions about their treatment. It makes medical procedures and subsequent test plans easier and improves healthcare facilities to meet patients’ requests and feedback related to the hospital’s environment.