According to the latest McKinsey report, most governments underperform in customer satisfaction, averaging a 5.5 out of 10 satisfaction rating. With almost 40% of employee work time dedicated to collecting and processing data, the government sector has plenty of opportunities to benefit from implementing automation. In this blog, we examine the most critical use cases for web automation in administration and government.
Automate application and form processing
With the arrival of COVID-19 and the introduction of government subsidies, public agencies in many countries have experienced a gigantic influx of paperwork. Hundreds of thousands and even millions of applicants have applied for stimulus checks, tax deductions, and government subsidies during 2020. In countries like the US, UK, or Australia, this has led to administrative delays and extended tax filing deadlines. As a result, public operational agencies were overwhelmed.
The outage could have been easily avoided if these government agencies had been more proactive about implementing automation. Here’s how web automation software could change things for the better.
- Paper documents are easily digitized. Digital copies are posted on the website of state institutions so that everyone can quickly fill out the necessary forms.
- Desktop and web automation software like WinTask can easily access submitted forms in cloud storage or even government email inboxes. They can be automatically analyzed so that an applicant’s data is extracted and transferred to any custom database or CRM system.
- A web automation bot can catalog applications and forward them to the appropriate authority based on the data provided. Immediately after processing by a specialist, the bot can archive executed documents to the desired directory, change the names of documents, and send copies and automatic notifications to any interested parties.
Desktop automation has several critical advantages over the traditional application process:
- 60% reduction in staff time for processing forms
- 100% accuracy in information transfer and error elimination
- 30-50% increase in document processing speed, from submission to approval.
Automate data sharing across private agencies
During the COVID-19 pandemic, it became apparent that the quality of government services relied heavily on the ability to transfer citizen information between government and private systems of records. For example, vaccination data should be readily available to border guards and airlines. In some cases, tax data should be available to insurance services and government agencies providing targeted assistance. All this would minimize the need for citizens to take additional actions in multiple instances.
- Desktop automation can open and log in to government and public databases to search for a particular person’s data.
- If found, the necessary data is then automatically extracted directly from a web browser and transferred to a shared system.
- Authorities can quickly verify the required information without asking for additional certification.
The big plus is that desktop automation does not require high costs for service integration or API programming. The task automation software replaces an administrator and automates all the same actions that the person would perform. It just does it more accurately and much faster.
The critical benefits for this data sharing method include:
- 100% privacy and data compliance – no human has access to the data transfers.
- Tangible savings on expensive integrations or programmer hours.
- Best client experience with zero hassle.
Automate client communication between government agencies
In unforeseen conditions, such as natural disasters or pandemics, it is critical for government websites to be able to provide essential information to the public. Automation can not only help in a crisis, but also with routine processes. With the help of automation, you can organize fast website updates from third-party sources. As in the previous example, the administration does not need to think about integrating complex systems and programming. Web automation scripts can regularly take data from a source database or website and immediately update them in the target website or systems.
Imagine that city administration can quickly connect automation to local medical and pharmacy databases to get live updates on the availability of hospital beds and specific medications. People can browse an interactive city map that is actively updated with the latest information that potential patients need.
Government agencies can also automate the sending of notifications to priority citizen groups and distribute both primary responses and typical inquiries via email.
How to set up web automation using WinTask
Keeping in mind the use cases mentioned above, WinTask provides both script-writing and data extraction services. This means that we can implement turn-key automation to simulate the most common and complex workflows that your organization is dealing with. Keep in mind that any human workflow with a repeatable list of actions, including data manipulation, can be easily automated with WinTask.
To get a sense of how straightforward WinTask automation is to set up, sign up for a free 30-day trial.