SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM company, today announced two new Salesforce Marketing Cloud services for retailers at the National Retail Federation (NRF) Big Show 2016—Salesforce Strategic Framework for Retail Customer Journeys and Strategic Retail Professional Services—empowering retailers to create smarter 1-to-1 customer journeys. These new services combine the world’s #1 CRM with industry and cloud transformation expertise to help retailers increase revenue through personalizing their customer engagements.
Retailers that deliver a seamless, personalized customer experience across in-store and digital will emerge ahead of the rest1. In fact, the recent Salesforce “Connected Shoppers Report” found that 24 percent of shoppers would like retailers to know who they are when they walk into stores with location-based technologies. Nearly half (49 percent) are willing to exchange data and social media profiles with brands to get better service. This represents an unprecedented opportunity for retailers to build deeper connections with their customers and accelerate growth.
Deliver Smarter 1-to-1 Customer Journeys at Scale with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a digital marketing hub that makes it possible for marketers to plan, personalize and optimize 1-to-1 customer journeys across multiple channels. It brings together all the things that matter to marketers – a complete view of the customer, content, personalization, all digital marketing channels (email, mobile, web, apps, social, advertising) and the power of the customer journey. By nurturing customers through triggered and automated journeys as well as collecting data to develop more personalized future campaigns, retailers can engage customers in a smarter way and predict their likelihood to take specific actions.
The new services for retailers include:
- Salesforce Strategic Framework for Retail Customer Journeys: Salesforce now offers the Salesforce Strategic Framework for Retailer Customer Journeys, a unique collaborative approach to help retailers design their customer journeys and execute digital engagement programs. Through carefully designed interviews and workshops, the Strategic Framework helps retailers define digital goals, review existing programs and identify and prioritize opportunities to accelerate revenue. Salesforce collaborates with retailers using proven tools such as path-to-value analysis, email and mobile marketing content templates, personalization best practices and the deployment of specific toolkits within retail sub-verticals, such as furniture, apparel/accessories and grocery/drug.
- Salesforce Strategic Retail Professional Services: Once retailers have gone through the Strategic Framework, they can leverage Salesforce’s retail professional services to deploy digital marketing programs and manage retail customer journeys. Drawing upon a wide range of industry expertise and best practices, Salesforce offers the world’s #1 CRM combined with industry and cloud transformation expertise to help retailers connect with their customers in new ways.
Comments on the News
- “With the Salesforce Strategic Framework for Retail Customer Journeys and the power of the Salesforce Customer Success Platform, retailers have a clear path to increasing revenue through personalizing and automating their customer engagements,” said Scott McCorkle, CEO, Salesforce Marketing Cloud. “And with our retail professional services, every retailer has access to an army of customer experience experts, data scientists and engineers, helping them to exceed customer expectations.”
- “One of the most important pieces of our business is to create a seamless experience for customers, but this can be a challenge when we blend the online experience with the personalized attention that customers would receive from an in-store visit,” saidKimberly Ruthenbeck, director of web customer experience, Room & Board. “Salesforce Marketing Cloud has allowed us to communicate with our customers individually, provide a tailored experience and help them through the process of creating a perfect home, which is different than the perfect home for someone else.”
Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Create Smarter Retail Customer Journeys
With the Strategic Framework for Retail Customer Journeys retailers can work collaboratively with Salesforce to optimize their customer engagements using Marketing Cloud technology, including:
- Journey Builder: Guide customers on 1-to-1 journeys across marketing, sales, service and beyond, uniting the brand’s voice and providing a seamless experience. Tailor every interaction based on specific customer actions to deliver timely, relevant content that reaches customers when, where and how they prefer.
- Audience Builder: Retailers no longer need to manually build custom databases to connect different systems. This powerful and easy-to-use customer data platform empowers retailers to segment targeted campaign lists based on multiple, complex customer attributes. Audience Builder includes more than 30 out-of-the-box segmentation attributes for retailers with e-commerce data, order history and customer lifetime value metrics. For example, if a retailer wanted to segment the delivery of new offers to shoppers based on the customer’s average order value, a customer with a higher average order value could receive a better offer, such as a 30-percent discount versus a 15-percent discount.
- Content: Companies can execute email, mobile, social and web marketing alongside digital advertising. With a central location to manage images, videos, copy, templates and messages, marketers can leverage content, offers and components across channels.
- Personalization: Build individual behavioral profiles for every contact and create dynamic subject lines and content using customer attributes. Using machine learning to drive predictive and adaptive interactions across the customer journey, companies can leverage rich algorithms to serve personalized content across channels.
- Analytics: Analyze customer data and audience performance by testing and measuring the success of campaigns, content and more to optimize experiences. Marketers can also configure custom analytic reports aligned with business goals.
Global Leaders Deliver 1-to-1 Customer Journeys at Scale with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Marketing Cloud customers sent more than 2.3 billion emails using Marketing Cloud on Cyber Monday 2015, a 44 percent increase over 2014, and a 77 percent increase over the daily average in November. Marketing Cloud topped out at 191 million emails sent in a single hour on Black Friday 2015.
Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud is generally available today and pricing starts at $400 per month.
- Salesforce Strategic Framework for Retail Customer Journeys is generally available today to all Marketing Cloud customers at no additional cost.
- Salesforce Strategic Retail Managed Services are generally available today and start at $6,500 per month.
- Learn more about the Salesforce Marketing Cloud: https://www.salesforce.com/marketing-cloud/overview/
- Visit Salesforce at NRF’s Big Show 2016 from Jan. 17-20 at Booth 4243, Level 3 to see how retailers like Design Within Reach are connecting with customers in entirely new ways.
- Visit the TOMS Pop-up Store Experience, open during Expo Hall Hours, located in the South Concourse of the Javits Convention Center.
- Download a full copy of the “2015 Connected Shoppers Report” here: https://www.salesforce.com/form/conf/industries/retail-shopper-survey.jsp
- Connect with Salesforce
- Like Salesforce Marketing Cloud on Facebook: www.facebook.com/marketingcloud
- Follow @salesforce and @marketingcloud on Twitter
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM company, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: http://www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
“Safe harbor” statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking statements. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If any such risks or uncertainties materialize, or if any of the assumptions prove incorrect, the company’s results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements we make. Further information on factors that could affect the company’s financial and other results is included in the reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and in other filings we make with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time, including the company’s most recent Form 10-K. These documents are available on the SEC Filings section of the Investor Information section of the company’s website atwww.salesforce.com/investor. Salesforce.com, inc. assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
Salesforce, Salesforce1 and others are among the trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
© 2016 salesforce.com. All rights reserved.
1 Accenture, “Accenture Seamless Retail Study ,” April 25, 2013
Original content was posted here: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/salesforce-announces-new-marketing-cloud-services-empowering-retailers-to-create-smarter-1-to-1-customer-journeys-300206064.html