Oracle Expands Oracle Cloud at Customer Portfolio to Database Workloads with Oracle Exadata Cloud Machine
Organizations equipped to reap the benefits of the Oracle Cloud Platform in their own datacenter
Redwood Shores, Calif.—Feb 27, 2017
Since its introduction just over a year ago, Oracle Cloud at Customer has seen tremendous popularity as organizations look for ways to bridge the gap between the public cloud and on-premises in their journey to the cloud. While organizations look forward to moving their enterprise workloads to the public cloud, many have been constrained by business, legislative, and regulatory requirements that have prevented them from moving their data and applications outside their own datacenter. Oracle Exadata Cloud Machine delivers the full power of the Oracle Exadata Cloud Service that resides in Oracle’s public cloud to customers who require or prefer their databases to be located on-premises.
“Oracle Exadata Cloud Machine is an ideal platform for organizations that want the benefits of the cloud brought to their datacenter,” said Juan Loaiza, senior vice president of systems technologies, Oracle. “For many years, Oracle Exadata has been the platform of choice for running mission critical Oracle databases at thousands of customers, and the Oracle Exadata Cloud Machine extends this value proposition to those customers who want cloud benefits but cannot or aren’t yet ready to move to a public cloud.”
With Oracle Exadata Cloud Machine, customers have subscription access to the most powerful Oracle Database with all options and features, like Real Application Clusters, Database In-Memory, Active Data Guard and Advanced Security, offering extremely high levels of performance, availability and security features for mission-critical workloads. Additionally, the Oracle Exadata Cloud Machine is 100 percent compatible with on-premises and Oracle Cloud applications and databases, ensuring any existing application can be quickly migrated to the cloud without changes.
The Oracle Exadata Cloud Service and Oracle Exadata Cloud Machine provide leading functionality, including:
- Mission-critical database for OLTP, analytics, mixed workloads, and consolidation—all options included
- Highly proven database hardware platform with NVMe Flash, InfiniBand networking, and the fastest servers
- Intelligent database platform with Smart Database Algorithms in storage, networking, and compute
- Advanced database cloud platform with subscription based pricing and real-time online capacity bursting
- Flexible cloud that can be deployed in Oracle’s public cloud or inside the customer’s data center with Oracle managing all infrastructure
- Simple and straightforward migration to the cloud—software and hardware are identical and 100 percent compatible
For Full Story, Please click here.