Oracle Communications Launches Oracle Communications Analytics Product Portfolio
Newly created solution set builds on existing analytics capabilities by adding products focused on big data, customer experience, and network assurance
Redwood Shores, Calif.—Oct 6, 2015
Oracle Communications has launched an expanded set of analytics capabilities in a newly formed product portfolio: introducing Oracle Communications Analytics. Combining new and existing analytics capabilities from Oracle Communications, the portfolio provides communications service providers (CSPs) with end-to-end, communications-specific analytics functionality for data integration, big data, data warehousing, business intelligence, and advanced analytics—ultimately enabling them to better leverage and monetize their data by correlating network, service, and subscriber information.
The portfolio includes four new products: Oracle Communications Customer Experience Analytics application, Oracle Communications Network Assurance Analytics application, Oracle Communications Analytics Big Data Platform, and Oracle Communications Analytics Diameter Adapter. Also included are new releases of existing products such as Oracle Communications Data Model.
Oracle Communications Customer Experience Analytics Application
To help facilitate near-real-time access to customer data, Oracle Communications Customer Experience Analytics provides CSPs’ customer-facing employees with immediate access to meaningful and relevant information in a single dashboard. With this comprehensive perspective offering views that can drill down to an individual customer, CSPs can:
- Provide customer service representatives with timely, 360-degree views of customers
- Improve customer retention processes
- Support revenue and margin growth targets
- Enable customer segmentation at granular levels
Oracle Communications Network Assurance Analytics Application
With the increase in Diameter signaling traffic, CSPs need to facilitate the required network and service improvements. Oracle Communications Network Assurance Analytics can provide insights into critical Diameter network performance, enabling CSPs to:
- Quickly identify network service degradation and outages
- Predict and prevent network service issues and outages
- Act on insights to network security
- Offer additional data points to help drive the success of advanced marketing initiatives
- Ensure that multivendor analytics deployments work together properlyImprove capacity planning processes
Oracle Communications Analytics Big Data Platform
CSPs need to be ready to address the volume, variety, and velocity of both structured and unstructured data. Oracle Communications Analytics Big Data Platform is designed to further extend the data ingestion capabilities of the Oracle Communications Analytics portfolio and enables CSPs to:
- Facilitate quick time to market for solutions that solve CSP business problems
- Solve long-standing CSP challenges by analyzing large volumes of data and providing real-time answers
- Reduce big data technology complexity and resource skill-set needs
- Leverage prebuilt big data adapters and analytics applications for core network elements and protocols
- Align IT with a consistent and coherent preintegrated architecture leveraging big data, data warehouse, and advanced analytics best practices
Oracle Communications Analytics Big Data Adapters
Oracle Communications Analytics big data adapters are products designed to improve time to value and reduce the cost, effort, and implementation risks of big data projects involving network data. These products have predefined and implemented ingestion parameters to Oracle Communications Analytics Big Data Platform from the source network elements, and support both batch and streaming options for ingesting data. In this release, Oracle has delivered a new Diameter adapter, as well as an update to its policy adapter:
- Oracle Communications Analytics Diameter Adapter: This new adapter receives streaming feed from Oracle Communications Diameter Signaling Router or Oracle Communications Performance Intelligence Center in the form of structured Diameter data records. Prebuilt ingestion processes attach metadata and load records into Oracle Communications Analytics Big Data Platform.
- Oracle Communications Analytics Policy Management Adapter: A new release of an existing product, this version is designed to work with both platforms—the new Oracle Communications Analytics Big Data Platform and the existing Oracle Communications Data Model. The adapter connects to Oracle Communications Policy Management and receives information about policy records, policy trigger details, quotas, networks, devices, and location, and loads it into either platform.
Oracle Communications will be at LTE Asia 2015, October 5 through 7 in Suntec, Singapore, discussing the newly launched Oracle Communications Analytics portfolio and other topics. Hear from Oracle at the following sessions at the event:
- October 6, 12:40 – 13:00, Telco Big Data Summit Asia: “Using Big Data to Overcome the Large Scale Data Problem of LTE Networks”—Chris King, senior director product marketing, communications service provider products, Oracle Communications
- October 7, 10:20 – 10:40, LTE Asia: “Implications of NFV in Transforming your Business”—Boudewijn Pesch, group vice president, Asia Pacific, Japan, Middle East & Africa, Oracle Communications
O’Keeffe & Company
+1 703.883.9000 x156
Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications and platform services. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The following is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.