If you are a frequent visitor to http://www.acumatica.com or a reader of this blog or just looking online for a cloud business application development platform, chances are you have heard of Acumatica Cloud ERP and Acumatica Cloud xRP Platform.
I am thrilled that you are aware and interested. Why?
Well, I have just joined Acumatica as head of the Cloud xRP Platform Division. I spent the last 10 years at Microsoft serving various roles and leading teams in product development, product management and partner/channel engagement across various products including Visual Studio, Windows and Windows Phone. During that time, I had the opportunity to co-author several books on ASP.NET and Visual Studio. (In case you are wondering, nope, writing technical books does not provide financial windfall nor did I get a contract to turn one of these books into a movie).
But I did get the chance to work with business decision makers, architects and developers from customer and partner organizations around the world. Partnering with them closely to drive business success by helping leverage technologies and tools was exciting and fulfilling.
And I am so excited about continuing the engagement with partners in my new role at Acumatica.
Technology fit and Flexibility
One of the first things I did after coming on board is to meet with some of our partners. They consistently called out two things that led them to choose the Acumatica Cloud xRP Platform (and of course, was forthcoming in sharing things that needs fixed and feature requirements. More on that in a later blog post):
- Technology fit:
- Built using familiar and industry leading technologies and tools including Microsoft .NET, HTML 5.0, SQL Server and Visual Studio.
- Acumatica Cloud xRP Platform is built for the cloud and reduces time significantly for partners to take their solution to the cloud.
- Solutions developed with Acumatica Cloud xRP Platform have the flexibility in deployment (public or private cloud) and tenancy (multi-tenant or single tenant)
- Provides integrated development templates and add-ons to visual studio AND solutions can leverage pre-built ERP and CRM functionalities
- White label the solution and take it to market in your terms. Acumatica Cloud xRP is the platform that’s powering the solution
Partnering with Acumatica
With Acumatica, partners can choose the level of integration based on the needs of their solution and customers.
OEM Solution (Refer to the green box in the figure):
- Partners can use Acumatica Cloud xRP Framework to develop their solution using our comprehensive API and customizable UI. This is true for partners looking to develop a new solution or migrate a solution from a legacy technology
- Partners can use our Web Services API to build integration between their solution and Acumatica Cloud ERP
- These solutions can leverage ERP and CRM functionalities from the Acumatica Cloud ERP offering.
Complimentary Solution (Refer to the purple box in the figure):
- Partners can develop an add-on to enhance the core functionality of Acumatica Cloud ERP. These solutions will be published in our marketplace and can be made available on our pricelist for the Acumatica reseller channel. These add-ons complement the core capability and customers can benefit from the joint value proposition.
Cloud Journey – We are all in it together
I don’t have to tell you about the market projections for cloud adoption by businesses of all sizes and particularly those small and mid-market companies. Many analysts have written about the astronomical growth in cloud adoption. Combined that with the explosion of mobile devices, we truly have the world where information and business processes are available all the time and on all devices.
We at Acumatica have embraced this paradigm whole heartedly. Our Cloud xRP Platform together with ERP functionalities provides a unique foundation for partners to reimagine their business applications for the interconnected world using web and mobile technologies enabling access from anywhere and any device.
We are busy putting the final touches for our next major release, 5.0. Big thanks to our partners for sharing feedback and input that helped shape our releases. In the next blog post, we will cover the details on what’s coming in this new release and how our ISV and OEM partners can take advantage of it.
Want to learn more about our Cloud xRP Platform? Click here.
Interested in becoming an OEM or ISV partner? Please contact us.
GM, Acumatica Cloud xRP Division
The post My new journey in the cloud, with Acumatica appeared first on Acumatica ADN.