For customers already running an on-premise implementation of Microsoft Dynamics GP, the issue of whether to move to the cloud is no longer a real option – the question is when to make the move. The latest version of Dynamics GP was engineered especially for the cloud, and upgrading can be easy with the right partner and plan.
Why upgrade to cloud-based Microsoft Dynamics GP?
- Monthly subscription pricing can save a significant amount of money over the old software licensing model, where you would purchase a per-user license and then pay a yearly enhancement fee.
- The ERP hosting provider maintains all the software, so your in-house IT Staff can be free of the burden of updates and upgrades, which are including in monthly subscriptions.
Is it worth the trouble to move to the cloud?
Almost nobody welcomes change, regardless of the benefits. One of the most common and understandable concerns expressed by Dynamics GP customers is how making the move to the cloud might impact workflow. It’s important to make sure the process is well thought out and managed. Make sure you partner with a Gold Certified Partner for Microsoft Dynamics ERP to help you every step of the way.
At Accountnet, we help with every phase of the move to the cloud, beginning with helping our clients identify and document requirements:
- Assess whether you currently have the right set of modules, whether they are being used, and if there is additional functionality you need immediately (or in future).
- Determine any regulatory requirements (for example, HIPPA, SOX) for your industry. Note any seasonal reporting as this may affect your decision around timing around rolling out a new system.
- Select a host. We help our client determine which hosting solution is best for your company (i.e., cloud, multi-tenant hosting or dedicated hosting environment). Make sure to talk about disaster recovery requirements when considering any hosting provider.
- Identify types of users within the organization and how they will be accessing the system.
Your Microsoft Partner will configure the core system and any new modules. Once the initial system is set up, they will upload copies of your existing databases to the cloud servers for testing (migrations can usually be performed overnight or on a weekend with little to no downtime). Final integrations with any Microsoft Office products (like Excel and Outlook) or external applications can be completed and validated.
Contact us at Accountnet today if you’re ready to take the next step toward cloud ERP with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Written by TWITTER: DynamicsNewYork, Accountnet Inc.
The post Microsoft Dynamics GP Cloud ERP: Easier Than You Think appeared first on ERP Software Blog.