ORLANDO — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced that seven of the world’s leading companies recently selected industry-specific solutions from SAP to run live and become model digital enterprises.
SAP technology will serve as the core enabler for these new customers, helping them translate their digital strategy into solutions that are contextually aware and capable of operating in real time. This announcement was made at the 28th annual SAPPHIRE NOW conference.
The industry-tailored applications and services will be provided by the Industry Cloud unit at SAP. It leads the effort to accelerate its customers’ business transformation by building clear use cases of how a customer, regardless of industry or line of business, can achieve success at unprecedented speed and scale. At SAPPHIRE NOW, SAP recognized these new and existing customers for their commitment to change.
The following companies bank on industry expertise of SAP to drive business transformation and run live:
- International insurance group Ageas worked with SAP to implement the industry’s first integrated, end-to-end enterprise software in the cloud, deployed by a single software vendor for a new joint-venture start up in Asia. In just five months the solution was live. Ageas expects cost advantages from a reduced IT organization and a significantly shorter time to market when compared to traditional, disparate systems. The integrated set of SAP solutions also gives Ageas the much-needed agility to penetrate potential new markets in Asia.
- City of Toronto, the fourth largest city in North America, plans to reach the goals of its eCity Digital Business plan through the use of the SAP HANA platform and the SAP solution road map. By using technology to connect all aspects of the city to address its business needs, Toronto will be better able to plan for the needs of tomorrow’s citizens. In addition, as part of the eCity modernization initiative, Toronto plans to use cloud technology, enabled by SAP Ariba solutions, to manage citywide purchases with internal customers and external vendors. Streamlining these processes will result in an estimated savings of CAD 36 million over five years (2 percent for every CAD 1 billion the City spends).
- Memebox Inc., a beauty e-commerce company, is using the SAP S/4HANA Finance solution in the cloud to provide business transparency for finance and logistics operations, allowing it to scale flexibility on a single platform as it expands globally. With SAP S/4HANA Finance, Memebox has real-time visibility into its inventory information and operations, resulting in shorter delivery lead times for customers and a significant increase in sales productivity with on-the-go data access. SAP S/4HANA Finance also helped Memebox lower its total cost of ownership while accelerating growth.
- Snohomish County Public Utility District (PUD), the twelfth largest public power utility in the United States, worked with SAP to become the first utilities company to run its entire enterprise on the SAP HANA platform, establishing a foundation for its current and future needs. Snohomish County PUD also established an online employee self-service for anywhere, anytime access. Based on SAP SuccessFactors solutions, it will help attract the next generation’s workforce.
- C. Tanner, an SAP customer for nearly 20 years, chose to move to SAP S/4HANA to help simplify, innovate and accelerate its digital business strategy as well as its international expansion. With SAP S/4HANA, O.C. Tanner can expand sales beyond its core business by identifying new ways to differentiate itself from competitors. Additionally, SAP S/4HANA helps it improve customer service with timely and accurate order management and fulfillment.
For Full Story, Please click here.