Today, CMS, WCMS, ECM, DAM or DXP play a crucial role in providing a successful Digitalization and Digitization experience to customers. Before proceeding further, let us know the difference between the terms (CMS, WCMS, ECM, DAM or DXP).
|CMS/WCMS||CMS (Content Management System) and WCMS (Web Content Management System) are technically the same and provides software for collaborative authoring of public web content|
|ECM||ECM is Enterprise Content Management that provides software to manage scanning, storage, organization and retrieval of physical documents||https://www.cmscritic.com/dir/enterprise|
|DAM||Digital Asset Management that provides software to manage a broad variety of digital assets. DAM systems are often used by media companies to catalog, annotate, store, retrieve and distribute audio, video, animations and other digital media content.||https://www.cmscritic.com/dir/dam/all/all/all/|
|DXP||Digital Experience Software create content for every digital channel available today, as well as improve business operations through digitization and integration|
Small Background of Digitalization Experience PlatformMost businesses positioned by enterprises as DXPs have their base in one of the three categories: Content Management Systems, Portal Servers, and Commerce Servers. These categories give set of offerings for different adaptations.
CMS-heritage DXPs focus on the needs of marketing departments and creative agencies. Customer data they collect tend to be anonymous and generalized into audience segments. Most business problems solved by these products are related to the acquisition of customers: generating awareness and interest, targeting offers, and accelerating purchases. They do particularly well in B2C (retail, fashion) scenarios where the sales cycle is short and transactional, and audiences are large.
The leading CMS-heritage DXPs have strong offerings for web-based analytics, user segmentation, advertising campaigns, and email campaigns. These are often provided by products in the platform suite, but because they are separate (and likely acquired from other vendors) they may be less or more well integrated with each other.
Some CMS-heritage DXPs have tried to add portal-like features like logged-in experiences, and some include commerce capabilities; the latter are often the result of an acquisition or partnership.
Digitalization Experience Platform Approach
DXPs address problems that has led organizations to start radically reengineering their business practices to be extremely customer-oriented:
- The dominant ways that customer interact have become major digital channels like smartphones, social networking, websites etc.,
- Customer who expect to have great experience like Google, Apple, and Facebook
- Smartphones provide companies more ways to keep in touch with customers by way of location and proximity
- Data analytics and insight provide audience segment with a highly personalized experience
- In a nutshell, digital technologies has disrupted all segments of traditional business starting from buying groceries to dining
CMS and Web Experience Content Management System
CMS allows to build, launch, manage, and host websites. Though, Web Experience Platform also does the same functionality of a CMS, the Web Experience Platform delivers a unique user experience to every website visitor based on a rich set of data to influence the user experience personally.
The CMS focus is on singular content and messaging, while a Web Experience Platform deliver unique web experiences with the content, medium, and messaging completely personalized to the user. Taking internet into consideration, you have tons of content that is ready to serve a wide range of customers of different choice.
Consider a scenario with an organization employed at different levels (marketeers, sales, business analysts, administrators, developers, testers and end users). To have a web experience platform, you will create conditional structures to serve appropriate content based on different levels of the user which can come from different sources of data, namely behaviour, cookies, browser history, viewing device, etc. With the ability to personalize content and deliver different user experiences to every customer using different web and mobile technology, the Enterprises are able to utilize the available opportunities, growing competition, and hence increase their growth index.
The future of website management is heading to serve personalized content tailored to the user, giving each user a different experience with each website that they visit. Today, the growing user demand on innovation has extended the barriers of web programming languages, designs, and frameworks, forcing the developers to adapt to the new standard in web development.
Challenges in Digitalization Experience PlatformEvery digital journey provides a unique customer experience. In the present Digital Platform, there is always a demand to deliver flawless content and user interaction right from the entry screen to the exit. The highly busted digital market has led to identify the following major building blocks for giant vendors like IBM, Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore, Oracle, Salesforce, SAP to smaller vendors like SDL, Demandware, EPiServer to handle the entire software stack.
- Content: All Digital channels (mobile, web applications, shopping websites, social media etc.,) are developed with words, media files, images, audio- majorly personalized to each customer needs and requirement. The biggest challenge is providing great customer experience, without knowing what each customer or user actually need. Failing to provide a good customer experience in the beginning can spoil your brand reputation and end up in loosing your customer.
- Customers: Knowing your customer (KYC) enables enterprises to do the right thing with ability to build mutual confidence.
- Analytics: DXP engineered with analytics lay the foundation for Artificial Intelligence (AI). DXP is enhanced by knowing who your customers are, how many access your website. Analytics improves how your site is performing, does an SEO health check, analyze the gathered statistics.
- Marketing: DXP marketing challenge is about creative design, managing product information, digital asset management, multichannel publishing.
Percentage of Target Applications in Enterprise CMS Integration
Digital Experience Platform attract CustomersTop brands like Google, Amazon, Walmart, L’oreal, Marks & Spencer’s, Ikea, Pepsi, Ebay and Myer make use of latest digital technologies to the core to have transformative impact and build brand loyalty.
- Recently, Giant store Walmart measured itself in terms of where they are, by conducting a Proof of Concept (PoC). Couple of demos were hosted to show how a person doing fishing for first time can experiment expensive fishing products in the context of where they can be used through Virtual Reality (VR). This brings in a buzzword contextual commerce in retail VR.
- Top selling shoe brand, Adidas launched its exclusive personalized E-commerce shopping App by rolling out consumers buy options through Apple Pay and Android Pay with one click of a button. The app will be available in more countries in the first half of 2018.
- Major Automakers like Tesla, Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), Waymo, Renault are developing autonomous and electric vehicles in Britain and Arizona, United States. These driverless cars are tested under condition based on Light detection and Ranging (LIDAR) sensors that detect edges of the road, light conditions, signals, bouncy or normal road conditions.
- Google Brain in collaboration with IBM is testing the possibilities of Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) to transcribe the patient-doctor conversation, medical notes by investigating the use of voice recognition technology already available in Assistant, Home and Translate.
- E-Bay in collaboration and Myer launched the E-Bay VR Department Store App that enables customers to use their smartphones as a shoptical VR glasses to start their personalized shopping experience. E-Bay’s gaze technology makes the mobile device to know the user interest at any given point in time using eye tracking sensors.