From highway billboards to television commercials, the art of marketing is continuously evolving. Advertisement is necessary for a company to survive in today’s world. Every company wants to expand its business, attract more customers, and be increasingly profitable. The plan of action that ensures this commercial success will be your marketing strategy. If you’re advertising your business on the internet, just put the word “digital” in the term. A plan to promote your company via the internet will be your digital marketing strategy.
Thanks to science, the world has transformed into a global village. Technology has overwhelmed nearly every aspect of our lives. Therefore, it’s not that difficult to brainstorm marketing strategies for your business in the digital world. One research has predicted that the global spending of digital advertisements will surpass $375 billion by 2021. It’s less than $350 billion in 2020. That’s how much money companies are willing to invest in a viable digital marketing strategy. But still half of the small businesses in the United States don’t have a website.
More than 95% of Americans own a smartphone. Half of them have bought something online with a mobile device. People spend more than 14% of their day using their phones. Does it mean any marketing strategy will work for any business you’re running? No, a marketing strategy doesn’t work the same for every company. If you have a different kind of trade, it will attract a different type of shoppers. A marketing strategy that works on teenagers won’t necessarily have the same effect on adults. You have to recognize, create, and then target your potential customers.
Let’s look at nine promising digital marketing strategies.
- Voice SEO: People should focus on what happens when customers type their queries. A voice query differs from a text search. As more consumers are using voice-assisted smartphones, businesses are getting interested in vocal SEO. How to keep online visibility when 50% of adults use voice search to surf the internet? It shouldn’t surprise you that 20% of queries on Google are verbal. So, it’s essential to adapt your SEO strategy with oral questions to survive in today’s competitive market.
- Video Marketing: Videos, podcasts, and live streams are inventive methods to sell your merchandise. Getting a webinar transcript or podcast transcript is even smarter. Transcription comes quite handy to connect with your viewers. In an era where YouTube is a source of income for many, video marketing should be a priority. Visual content on your landing page improves conversions by 86%. Webinars (online seminars/presentations) also attract fresh customers. Your marketing videos can be storytelling, behind-the-scene, motivational, educational, or merely a brand promotion.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media – the new blog – has become necessary in our digital lives. 27% of people check their social networking accounts when they wake up in the morning. You can drive traffic to your website by publishing quality content on Facebook/Instagram. Women often consult social media before purchasing something. If you’re not investing in a social media marketing strategy, you aren’t unique. More than 50% of companies don’t care about having a social media presence. So, there’s a gap you can fill with your digital marketing strategy.
- Search Engine Optimization: It’s one of the most popular trends in online marketing. If you sell a product, you want people to reach your website when searching for that product online. So, if you own a pizza parlor in Miami, you want the keywords “pizza” and “Miami” to display your company name. The goal is to always appear on the 1st page because less than 10% of people click on the 2nd 33% of people click on the first organic result. That makes SEO a robust and competitive digital marketing strategy.
- Retargeting: You can call it remarketing, i.e., a shortcut for paid advertisement. You don’t pay to attract fresh customers. Instead, you retarget the people with whom you have interacted before. The idea is that strangers won’t like buying from you, so you hit previous engagements. Facts show that a considerable majority of fresh visitors leave your website without purchasing anything. Once internet users have interacted with you, the ever-abhorred “cookies” remember them. So, you can contact these users again by showing them ads. As they have already associated with you, they are more likely to trust buying from you.
- Marketing Automation: The concept of marketing automation correlates with remarketing. Automation now involves all other digital marketing strategies. It’s a simple process that automates the actions you have to perform repeatedly. Presently, this technique is growing in popularity among successful businesses. It will act as an enzyme, a catalyst for the progress of other digital marketing strategies. So, companies are now relying on automation software for maintaining email hygiene and marketing procedure. That way, they can pay their attention to other business matters.
- Influential Marketing: This marketing strategy is influential and productive. You hire celebrities to promote your brand, turning some of their fans into your consumers. Who qualifies as a celebrity? Any social media personality with a huge following can be an influencer. But, of course, this strategy doesn’t work without proper research either. If you’re trying to sell cosmetic items, a Fortnite gamer cannot be an influencer you need. Even if they demand a massive fee for their services, getting endorsed by celebrities is a brilliant marketing approach.
- Inbound and Outbound Marketing: These are umbrella terms encompassing some other digital marketing strategies. It is listed here so you can understand the difference between these two approaches. What is outbound marketing? You’re eating your dinner and watching your favorite sports. Then an advertisement for some cologne interrupts your wholesome television program. Or you get a call from a telemarketer trying to sell you some toner. It is an old-fashioned, annoying type of salesmanship, called outbound marketing.
Digital marketing strategies follow the inbound marketing procedure. In this technique, you use blogs, SEO, podcasts, social media, and other strategies to pull customers towards you. It’s easy to understand why people favor and appreciate this “magnetic” method of advertisement. Studies show that inbound marketing even costs 62% less per lead than traditional marketing.
- Content Marketing: If you want to sell a product, you don’t just ask people to buy it. You have to build up a narrative to attract consumers. Your visitors read a blog on some exciting or controversial subject. This blog advertises a specific brand it intends to promote. This strategy requires relevancy of the topic, quality of the content, recurrence of keywords, and optimization for SEO. After marketing automation, this strategy is the most popular one. The content should be mobile-friendly because most of your future consumers are using a smartphone.
The marketing strategy you adopt will be the backbone of your business. The internet has granted us the power to access the world. With quality content and magnetic marketing methods, we can convince one-time visitors to become recurring consumers. Social media marketing, email marketing, and SEO have revolutionized the way we approach our potential customers. Pictures, podcasts, videos, webinars, and infographics make it easier for us to engage a profitable audience. But, rest assured, the future of digital marketing will be even more innovative and competitive.