It is not an easy task to drive more traffic to any site, whether it is Instagram or any other. It takes a lot of effort and a proper planning to do so. However, when it comes to Instagram, it is real fun to browse photos and videos from different locations. You can also browse photos and videos that are taken near your present location.
- It is just like browsing different locations when you plan a trip somewhere during your upcoming vacation.
- It is also the same as you look for the best restaurants among all available in your locality and the surrounding areas.
Process to browse photos and videos
There are different ways in which you can browse photos and videos from different locations. Ideally, you can browse different posts from a specific location, at a location near to your current location or you can click on a particular geotag on any existing photo.
To search for a specific location: In this process you will have to:
- Tap first on the magnifying glass icon located at the bottom of the home screen.
- This will bring up the general search page.
- You will have to click on the search bar placed at the top of this page.
- You will find four tabs appear.
- Choose “Places” out of those four options.
- Type in the name of the place that you want to look into.
- Press “Search” and you will be able to see all the top and recent posts in that location.
If you want to look at posts and videos at a specific geotag all you have to do is go to the photo that is geotagged in that specific locationand click on the geotag. This will show all those videos and posts of recent times that were geotagged in that location.
If you want to browse posts and videos near your current location you will have to follow the same process as you would to see the photos and posts to “Places.”
- You will have to tap the search bar and
- Simply select “Near Current Location” to look at the best posts and photos.
In all of the above methods, you will have to choose the specific geotag you wish to browse from all those options that appear.
Driving traffic to your site
One of the most common problems faced by the Instagram users is driving traffic towards their site. Many of them resort to other means and even buy Instagram followers but there is no guarantee that these followers will be authentic, loyal and turn out to be a better prospect of the business.
Therefore, to drive traffic to an external website while marketing on Instagram you should focus on the selection and use of clickable URLs.This is because in Instagram you are not allowed to add any URL anywhere else except the only “website” box in your profile bio. It is only where that the URL will appear as it is. If you put a URL in any other place, for example, in you photo caption it will appear as plain text. This will be not fruitful or serve your purpose and may even annoy the users as they will now have to perform other painstaking tasks unwillingly such as:
- Copying the URL
- Opening a web browserand
- Pasting or typing it in there to visit the landing page.
More often than not, they will prefer to leave your site instead of going through all these unwanted hassles. As a result, you lose one or many potential customers.
A sneaky way
However, there is one way, though sneaky, to get more people to visit your Instagram account. This is where the single clickable URL is allowed, you can use your photo captions. This will encourage more people to visit your Instagram profile looking for a link.
You can then update the URL frequently so that it points to your latest photos, blog contents, YouTube videos, products, promotions or any offers. The best way you can encourage more people to visit your site is to add a text call-to-action in your photo caption so that they can click on the link that is related to the post.
On the other hand, if you have a verified Instagram account then you can also add links to your Instagram Story.
Use shoppable posts to sell products
You will also be able to drive more traffic to your Instagram profile if you sell products directly using Shoppable Posts. Just like you can tag people in your Instagram posts as you post a new content or after it, you can also tag products with it as well. This will allow you to direct the users to the product page so that they can buy what they saw.
In order to use the Instagram Shoppable Posts you will however need to have an Instagram Business account. When you have one you can to publish shoppable posts. You can get one you can select “Edit Profile” on your Instagram profile and tap on “Try Instagram Business Tools.”
- To tag a post with products you will first have to enable product tags on your Instagram Business account so that you can use them on a post that showsthe product you wish to tag.
- Then you will need to navigate to your settings with the help of the gear icon from your profile page.
- Select the “Products” and tap “Continue” to follow the prompts that appear to connect the “product catalog” to your business account profile.
When you have the product-tag enabled on your Instagram Business account, it will help you in a lot of different ways. You can now be able to upload new posts as well as tag your photo along with the products that you wish to tag from the product catalog that you have created.
Using Instagram shoppable posts is not only then best way to sell more on Instagram but it is also the best way to reach out to more and more people and drive more traffic to your site.