BIG DATA ANALYSIS BENEFITS-Apart from disrupting technological industries, big data has a significant impact on economic development which is why it has been extensively used by government and public sectors. The government sectors leverage big data and data-related technologies to better understand the growth prospects of a country owing to economic aspects influenced by technological upgradations.
The government can unlock key information, improve transparency and efficiency in public management by implementing big data. Through its implementation, they can also avail its benefits – enhancing the way they utilize IT, discovering new capabilities and services, understanding correlations and trends in underlying data, and improve decision making.
As noted by Intellectyx, here the significant benefits served by big data across the government sector.
• Through big data, the government can step into quick and improved decision making while unleashing the insights data has to offer. Processing the generated real-time data, public sectors can avoid guesswork and work with evident information.
• Using big data tools, they can further enhance the productivity and efficiency to find information, make informed decisions, and have better service delivery.
• The technology can also improve transparency and cost reduction while providing pre-filled forms using citizen data.
• It can also speed up the processing time and reduce errors in the collected information.
• The most significant benefit of big data across government sectors in eradicating fraud. Moreover, public sector organizations can remove internal waste by identifying discrepancies.
• The state government can avail the advantages of big data in locating crimes and other illegal activities that pose a security threat in society. The technology can also assist local and state governments to work jointly in reducing criminal activities.