- Facebook, NVIDIA, Adobe, Microsoft, Uber, and Accenture are the five best AI companies to work for in 2018 based on Glassdoor Research and % of employees who would recommend this company to a friend as today. These five companies together have 96 open AI positions today or 18.7% of all open AI jobs on Glassdoor.
- The average annual base pay for an AI job listed on Glassdoor is $111,118 per year.
- There are 512 AI jobs on Glassdoor today, with AI Software Engineer, AI Data Scientist, AI Software Development Engineer and AI Research Scientist having a combined total of 118 open positions.
- 67% of all AI jobs listed on Glassdoor are located in San Jose, San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles and New York City.
These and other many insights are from Glassdoor Research study Who’s Hiring AI Talent in America? by Dr Andrew Chamberlain, Chief Economist at Glassdoor. Forbes readers most often ask for recommendations regarding the best Artificial Intelligence (AI) companies to work for. The recent study from Glassdoor Research is insightful and serves as a useful framework for readers planning a job move in 2018 into the AI field. Please see the study for a description of the methodology Dr Chamberlain used for completing this report.
Key takeaways from the study include the following:
- Facebook, NVIDIA, Adobe, Microsoft, Uber, and Accenture are the five best AI companies to work for in 2018 based on Glassdoor Research findings combined with % of employees who would recommend this company to a friend as today. Taken together these five companies have 96 open AI positions as of October 20th or 18.7% of all open AI jobs on Glassdoor as well.
- The average annual base pay for an AI professional is $111,118 per year based on Glassdoor’s research. The study found that the annual salary for AI jobs is roughly bell-shaped with a peak between $100,000 and $120,000 per year. Glassdoor found the lowest-paying jobs have an estimated base pay of between $20,000 and $40,000 per year, while the highest paying AI roles earning an estimated $240,000 to $260,000 per year in base pay. Even without accounting for bonuses and stock-related compensation, the highest-paying AI jobs in the Glassdoor sample rank among the top-earning jobs in America today. The following is the distribution of base pay for open AI jobs on Glassdoor and a comparison of the top paying AI jobs available. The highest paying job is a Director of AI located in San Francisco with a median base salary of approximately $257,269 per year. Please click on the image to expand it for easier viewing.